This month mortgage rates are at or around 3.37%, still hovering near record lows. In terms of the monthly payment on a 30-year fixed rate mortgage, a 1% increase in interest rate is the equivalent to a 10% increase in price. Low rates and a rebounding market have put buyers in a sweet spot, fueling urgency to buy now.
The current median home price rose this month to $180,600, an increase of 2.1% from the previous month and up 10.1% from last year. November marks the ninth consecutive month of year-over-year price gains, which last occurred from September 2005 to May 2006.
Click here to find out what your home is worth.
An absolute must see! Award winnning former Arthur Rutenberg Model home.Every room professionally decorated, accessoried, and furnished.Spectacular billiards/sport bar bonus room that leads to outdoor kitchen and cabana. Study room with bulit-ins. Quality appointments throughout with detailed trayed ceilings. houndreds of thousand in upgrades. Very private outdoor entertainment areas under roof.Exquisite master suite with sitting area and jacuzzi.Furnishings and accessories available. Premium private lot on water. Professionally landscaped. Family membership at the 4 million dollar Champion`s Club clubhouse.
Stunning Victorian home with panoramic vistas of the Gulf of Mexico & Honeymoon Island. Incredible workmanship on wood stairways, wood floors. Total of 10 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths. Huge front yard open to the Gulf. Private dock. Rental apt. above garage. Experience the grandeur of yesteryear in this stately circa 1892 mansion. The main house has 8 bedrooms plus service quarters above the kitchen & a rental apartment above the 2 bays in the detached carriage house. With its wrap around gingerbread trimmed porch, stained glass windows & storybook gables, the main house stands elegantly overlooking the shores of the intercoastal waterway & the Gulf of Mexico. After working in the study, entertain in the parlor then relax in the drawing room. 3 fireplaces, exquisite hand carved wainscoating & rare hearts of pine floors gleam in the light of the evening sunset over the Gulf. Enjoy 3 levels of detailed amenities like spacious landings on each floor, stained carved door moldings, working transom windows, carved stair rails, cast iron bathtubs, nooks & crannies. Watch the sailboats glide by from the long dock (2.48 acres of submerged land) & a wide open waterfront view. Or play a game of croquet on the 1.57 acre lawn framed by huge breeze sculpted oak trees with hundreds of years of stories to tell. Stroll along Victoria Dr., a short walk from downtown restaurants, shops, the marina, festivals & friendly ambiance. The bike trail is close by & a short drive will take you to Honeymoon & Caladesi Islands.
When looking to sell, your home’s appearance can be the difference between it sitting on the market or selling quickly. Updating your property can be one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways of adding value to your home. Here are some tips to get your house looking great: .
1. Perform the most common updates. On average, someone who intends to sell their home spends about ….one-third of what they would spend during their entire time in that home. The most common updates are ….painting, flooring, and lighting–all of which have cost-effective options. .
2. Make improvements. Improving your property can be critical to selling a home. According to market ….research, only 23% of the market sold were homes considered to be outdated while 76% were fairly to very ….updated. Making improvements is one of the more beneficial things a seller can do to help increase the ….appeal of their home.
3. Focus on the little things. Updating your house for sale doesn’t have to mean remodeling the whole ….place. Focusing on individual items that really need updating will make a big impact. Putting a fresh coat of ….paint or replacing old hardware on your cabinets could be the thing that helps get your house sold.
Did you know that the housing and building industry accounts for nearly 40% of the world’s energy and raw material consumption? Our ability to “green our homes” truly has the ability to change the world. The principles of green are really about understanding priorities for a well-lived life—living healthy, being smart with money, and acting more sustainably.
We typically spend more than 80% of our nonworking or commuting hours inside our homes. Because we spend so much of our lives inside, it only makes sense we make a healthy inside zone the first priority. Here are a few DIY tips from Green Your Home to get you started:
1. Cross-Ventilate. An average adult takes in more than 14,000 breaths—or about 3,000 gallons of air—a day! Surprisingly, you are more likely to breathe polluted air inside your home than outside—even in cities like Los Angeles, which aren’t known for air quality. Opening one window won’t cut it… you need cross-ventilation so the breeze actually blows though your home, taking the pollutions back out with it. Open a front door and a back door, or one window upstairs and one downstairs.
2. Lighten Up. Simply swapping out the five most commonly used incandescent bulbs for CFLs or LEDs in your home can save you $60 to $100 a year. Combined with well-designed artificial lighting, natural lighting is also a great way to boost efficiency.
3. Low Flow. American families use about 400 gallons of water a day, and 70% of that is used inside the home. The majority is used in the bathroom: the average person flushes the toilet 2,500 times a year. Transform your home’s toilet from water-waster to water-miser for cheap. Place a brick or 2-liter plastic bottle filled with water into your toilet’s tank. The volume of these objects means less water will be needed to fill your tank—you’ve just created your own low-flow toilet. Also, be sure and have a leaky or running toilet fixed by a plumbing professional immediately.
For more tips, buy your copy of Green Your Home now at www.kellerink.com/greenyourhome
Fantastic Townhouse that needs nothing! This 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom Townhouse is picture perfect. Very clean, beautifully updated from top to bottom. The kitchen has plenty of storage for all your cooking supplies and a generous sized breakfast nook for your morning coffee. Built in buffet table is great for putting out food while entertaining guests. Florida room is great for relaxing and could be used as a work area. The Living Room is spacious enough for you to stretch out. Upstairs has a huge Master Bedroom with a beautiful window seat for curling up to your favorite book or just taking a break from a long day of work. The Master bath has both a stand up shower and tub. The remaining two bedrooms are over sized and gives plenty of room for furniture. The new windows and tubular skylight keeps the townhouse energy efficient and gives off wonderful lighting throughout. Indoor laundry room makes doing laundry convenient. Plenty of room in the two car garage for your cars and storage. New roof was put on in 2008.
Address: 2574 STONY BROOK LN
Square Feet: 1832
Basement (full, 1/2, finished, unfinished): None